Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Radiation Begins


  
zonked out for radiation












 I’ll tell you how that first week went.  Pictures say a thousand words.  I got one. Yuck. 

 I don’t know if this was before being zapped or after. As you can see, I was sleeping. We have made it to the 1/3rd mark - WOOHOOOOOO!! I had enough poking, prodding, stabbing, zapping for one week. How I looked forward to two days off.

But I  had to endure the dreaded carrier again for 4 hours to make it back to the farm in New York. I don’t see why after having been crammed in there 10 times already this week (2x/day) I had to go through the ordeal again? Whisper and Journey threw a fit and they hadn’t been captured since Monday. Oh how I felt sorry for them - NOT. Suck it up.
under the machine

I was back on the back at the farm for the weekend.  Thank goodness. Room to roam (inside only of course).
 
I think I did great this week. All things considered. Monday was understandably rough. I didn’t eat after I got home after my first treatment. It was a long day and I was pretty fried (no pun intended). Tuesday was better, but still wasn’t feeling my usual self. Thankfully by Wednesday I had regained my appetite and I have been wicked spoiled with canned food. I try and hold out for that, but sometimes I have to break down and chew the hard stuff. Mom’s been adding, flortiflora, fish oil, nupro nuggets and l-lysine to my food - sometimes I don’t mind. I’m kinda picky.

On Thursday I tried to avoid the whole thing. Mom got out of bed and I never budged. She went about her busy coming in and out of the room.  She was all the way down the hall in the livingroom when she said to Whisper, “Okay, I’ve got to go get stink bug, her pet name for me.”  I slipped off the bed with a thump and began to slink under the bed. Rats. She reached under the bed and pulled me out. I hugged her but didn’t make a peep and with great reluctance went into the carrier. I never said a word the rest of the way. By Friday I had to be a chow hound. This is the routine for the next two weeks. I might as well eat.

One third of the way through.

Mom and Dad are a bit frazzled. The whole moving the household (them, me, Whisper and Journey) back and forth. Monday through Friday to Worcester. Journey and Whisper have not been too happy with the whole situation. I’m trying to go easy on them. I’ve only hissed at Whisper three times this whole week.

Mom’s been trying to get the auction items photographed and posted and finished before we head back to Worcester as we are without internet there. Dad’s been trying to get four days worth of work done around the farm in two days. He likes to play on his tractor, but kept getting it stuck in the deep wet snow. I could hear him grumbling out back all the way inside... Dad my ears!


Now almost half way through.

One minute I'm okay
Twenty minutes later...













What a difference 20 minutes makes.

As you can see, I was pretty good even after they put the catheter in. I’m kinda getting use to these folks, but I’m not sure I would ever consider them "friends."

Today was treatment #7. Half of 15 is 7.5. I am so close to being half way done with this ordeal. 

I must admit to being a bit of a stink bug this morning. I thought I would lay low and hide up inside of the box spring in the spare bedroom. I was quiet. Mom started looking for me. I didn’t say boo. Unfortunately this wasn’t the first time I hid there so it didn’t take Mom long to find me. Whisper was hiding with me so I was hoping maybe Mom would take Whisper instead. No such luck. Mom had to bring out the big guns - the vacuum cleaner! Whisper was gone in a flash, but I remained still and quiet. Maybe she would go away.  Can you believe Mom actually got a pair of scissors and cut me out? I think she ruined our hiding place. Something tells me she’s going to finish the job when we get home and take the whole netting off.  Mom is taking desperate measures. 

Hope you are having a great week. Thanks for all the love and support. Thanks for hangin' with me. I’m amazed by the response on my Facebook page, Digit.  A great shout out to Hemi the CH Kitty and his mom for doing the lion’s share of work on my page.

No comments: